Costume Design & Styling
Costume designing is a process of bringing out the true essence of a character through the overall look in the television shows, movies, operas, Broadway musicals, ballets & other theatrical performances.
– Costume Design is a compilation of clothing and overall outlook of the performer.
– It is an effective tool to deliver perfect output in movies, or theatre performance.
– Themes might range from History, Mythology or Contemporary
– Use your own creativity to come up with an entirely different outlook.
– Requires mindful research, brainstorming& learning about the characters.
ABOUT THE EXPERT FACULTY
Nikhat Mariyam Neerushaa is a Bollywood Costume Designer and Stylist, nominated for the Indian Telly Awards in the Best Costume Designer multiple times. She will be the core facilitator of this course. She has designed costumes for Bollywood movies like Jodhaa Akbar, Bajirao Mastaani, and many more. Her designs, including costumes for a production of Sense and Sensibility, have been featured in TV period dramas. Nikhat launched her own brand Neerushaa in 2018. The main objective of the brand was to encourage local Indian products. Labelling the handloom craftsmen ” The Roots of India ” the brand uplifted traditionally made garments.
Why pursue Costume Design course in Mumbai?
- Hub of prestigious fashion label.
- Origin of glamorous Bollywood
- Hometown of established fashion innovators – Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani, Abu Jaani, Sandeep Khosla, Vikram Phadnis, Masaba Gupta.
- State-of-art production units, flashy fashion showrooms, boutiques & studios.
- Innumerable job opportunities
- Demanding market. Highly rewarding industry.
- Diverse in culture, tradition equally in fashion. rewarding industry.
- Larger scope for improving your creativity & vision.
- A perfect destination to learn, earn & grow!
THEORY & PRACTICAL LEARNING
SKETCH & DESIGN
CONSTRUCTON & TRIALS
ACCESSORIES, HEADGEARS, MOULDINGS
HAIR & MAKE UP
APPROACHING PRODUCTION HOUSE
BUDGETS & COSTING
What is expected from a Costume Designer ?
— A costume designer is accountable for the overall stance & attitude of
— A thorough study & indepth research about respective characters.
— They also hold a similar skill set to that of traditional fashion designers but must also satisfy the unique demands of designing clothes for theatre or film. actors.
A career as a costume designer offers one with the ultimate job satisfaction as you watch other celebrities wearing your art
One of the advantages of being a Costume Designer is the immense creative satisfaction you get out of your creations.
Networking in this industry is as important as any other aspect of Costume Designer. You often meet new clients and other fashion designers
One of the most important advantages of being a costume designer is you can start your own small-scale business.
The role of a costume designer is creative and amusing, and one gets an opportunity to attend famous stage shows and other public events.
Those who loves to travel, a career as a costume designer can be promising and satisfying.