From Classroom to the Industry, Style and strategy, ideas, celebrity endorsements, leadership, business and media – curated smart talks for students of Fashion and Interior Design from the Voice of Fashion.
- How pop culture, multinational influences and collaborations can influence your fashion creations and commercial viability.
- Product, pattern, pricing & platform- how to beat a formula or cloning and create a strong brand that reflects who you are and who you want to create for.
- The skills you need to work with the hand loom industry and weavers to create one-of-a-kind products that can be a part of global-local fashion.
- How to create bridges of learning and working with India’s exceptional karigars for an artisanal Indian brand.
Styling and Presentation
- There are many kinds of stylists in India – for magazines, advertising campaigns, personal events, celebrities and films. What kind do you want to be? All your how-to questions get answered here.
- Styling is not about product placement. It is about promoting multiple brands at once: the person you are working with and the fashion and design label that has hired you. Get it right by the professional tips here.
- Working with Bollywood celebrities is a tightrope. Here is how to train, find internships and understand the world of celebrity glamour.
- Top cherry-picking if you must design your career in the Indian luxury market. Brand solutions, advertising, visual merchandising, representing international labels and luxury houses are just some.
- How to find alternative jobs at fashion weeks that involve creative impetus, sketching, planning and management, problem solving and digital media.
- Amplify your knowledge and job potential by understanding retail trends in India as well as abroad, and positioning your work to sync with the dynamic market needs.
Bridal Fashion And Indian Couture
- The business of Modern Indian weddings: how to create a couture signature, find the right customers base, set up a studio and straddle the many worlds between exhibitions, shows and promotions.
- Working on a Hindi film as a costume designer. The unique learning experience of Padmaavat as a costume history lesson.
- Technology, craft, commercial acumen and understanding the pulse of the rapidly changing millennial customers are the key forces to create a thriving model of bridal couture.
- Why creating the most glamorous red-carpet dressing and luxurious cocktail garments is first and foremost about and design innovation.
- The image building machinery behind a bridal designer’s success needs the right campaigns, the right shows and the important connect between couture and pret.
- Why it is important to find the right celebrity to endorse your designs and the value of Bollywood dressing for a designer.
Interior for Future
- How to design for social change and impact for the society of which you are a part.
- A career in architecture is about psychology of the customer as much as it is about space, form, material and location. India’s top architects share how to crack this code.
- The explosion in product design in Asia has opened numerous careers avenues for creative minds: how to choose internships, look for a job that keeps you engaged and set up a brand that merges functionality with form.
- How to create interior designs that signify Indian heritage in architecture, yet are modern and meaningful to live in.
- Architecture and design beyond malls and markets: why hospital design or designing for old age homes is going to be a part of the future of interiors.
- Understanding colour, theme, building material, recycling and ecological safety and goodness- from India’s most thoughtful design leaders.